The Society of Pious Disciples
The presence of Pious Disciples in India began with the arrival of Mother Dorothy Bruno and Sr. Mary Joseph Capra in the year 1954.
The life began in this land with an Eucharistic celebration in the chapel of S.S.P. at Allahabad and with a very deep faith and hope. It was our earnest desire to open a house of our own in order to give expression to the threefold apostolate and to have a centre for formation.
The Good Lord in his Divine providence moved the Sisters to a new house of our own in the heart of Mumbai on 8th December 1961. A humble beginning of PDDM in the soil of India took deeper roots as the years passed. We spread our branches to 20 cities of our nation, generating Divine Power through Eucharistic, Priestly and Liturgical Apostolate.