Society of Pious Disciples

Recent Events

48 Hours Adoration in Calicut.
48 Hours Adoration in Calicut.
Every year, during tRead More
Arrival of the General Councillors.
Arrival of the General Councillors.
On 10th March 2018 tRead More
National symposium on New Evangelization
National symposium on New Evangelization
From 7th to 9th MarcRead More
Convocation Ceremony
Convocation Ceremony
The Federation oRead More
Renewal of Vows in Chennai and Calicut
Renewal of Vows in Chennai and Calicut
"On 10th February 20Read More
Prayer Request

PDDM Sisters day and night intercede before the Eucharistic Lord for various intentions.

For your Prayer request contact us:
inpddmwebsite@gmail.com

History

Founded by Blessed James Alberione, in Alba on February 10, 1924, liturgical memorial of St. Scholastica, our Congregation, Disciples of the Divine Master, is the third institute of the Pauline Family.

The first group of disciples was composed of 8 young women with Orsola Maria Rivata assigned as sister-in-charge. She would later take the religious name Sr. M. Scholastica on the day of her religious clothing. The eight sisters were given the name Pie Discepole del Divin Maestro (literally, Pious Disciples of the Divine Master).

We were recognized in the Church through the folllowing stages:

  • 1947 April 3: Diocesan Approval granted by the Bishop of Alba, H.E. Mons. Luigi M. Grassi;
  • 1948 January 12: Pontifical Approval by His Holiness Pius XII;
  • 1960 August 30: Definitive Approval by His Holiness John XXIII.

History

Founded by Blessed James Alberione, in Alba on February 10, 1924, liturgical memorial of St. Scholastica, our Congregation, Disciples of the Divine Master, is the third institute of the Pauline Family.

The first group of disciples was composed of 8 young women with Orsola Maria Rivata assigned as sister-in-charge. She would later take the religious name Sr. M. Scholastica on the day of her religious clothing. The eight sisters were given the name Pie Discepole del Divin Maestro (literally, Pious Disciples of the Divine Master).

We were recognized in the Church through the folllowing stages:

  • 1947 April 3: Diocesan Approval granted by the Bishop of Alba, H.E. Mons. Luigi M. Grassi;
  • 1948 January 12: Pontifical Approval by His Holiness Pius XII;
  • 1960 August 30: Definitive Approval by His Holiness John XXIII.